THE BASKETBALL GAME
A ball is played on a rectangular field between two teams of five-five players. Each team tries to get the ball from the middle of the opponent’s goal, a high and horizontal shell and the net, which is called the basket. Basketball is generally considered to be one of the most popular games in today’s world viewers.
Federation international the basketball amateurs :-
The Federation International The Basketball Amateur was formed in 1932 for the regulation of international sports, which started in 1950 and for women in the world competition for men. In the Olympic Games, men’s teams of the United States have maintained their dominance.
Basketball Court :-
Rules of Basketball :-
1. The ball may be thrown in any direction with one or both hands only.
2.The ball may be batted in any direction with one or both hands only.
3. A player cannot run with the ball. The player must throw it from the spot on which he catches it, allowance to be made for a man who catches the ball when running at a good speed if he tries to stop.
4. The ball must be held in or between the hands; the arms or body must not be used for holding it.
5. No shouldering, holding, striking, pushing, or tripping in any way of an opponent. The first infringement of this rule by any person shall count as a foul; the second shall disqualify him until the next basket is made or, if there was evident intent to injure the person, for the whole of the game. No substitution shall be allowed.
6. A foul is striking at the ball with the fist, violation of rules three and four and such described in rule five.
7. If either side makes three consecutive fouls, it shall count a goal for the opponents (consecutive means without the opponents in the mean time making a foul).
8. A goal shall be made when the ball is thrown or batted from the grounds into the basket and stays there (without falling), providing those defending the goal do not touch or disturb the goal. If the ball rests on the edges, and the opponent moves the basket, it shall count as a goal.
9. When the ball goes out of bounds, it shall be thrown into the field of play and played by the first person touching it. In case of dispute the umpire shall throw it straight into the field. The thrower-in is allowed five seconds. If he holds it longer, it shall go to the opponent. If any side persists in delaying the game, the umpire shall call a foul on that side.
10. The umpire shall be the judge of the men and shall note the fouls and notify the referee when three consecutive fouls have been made. He shall have power to disqualify people according to Rule 5.
11. The referee shall be judge of the ball and shall decide when the ball is in play, in bounds, to which side it belongs, and shall keep the time. He shall decide when a goal has been made and keep account of the baskets, with any other duties that are usually performed by a scorekeeper.
12. The time shall be two fifteen-minute halves, with five minutes rest between.
13. The side making the most points in that time is declared the winner.
The 10 BEST Basketball Players in world :-
1) LeBron James
2) Michael Jordan
3) Magic Johnson
4) Wilt Chamberlain
5) Oscar Robertson
6) Bill Russell
7) Larry Bird
8) Shaquille O’Neal
9) Tim Duncan
10) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
The 10 BEST Basketball Players in India :-
1) Yadwinder Singh
2) Prasanna Venkatesh
3) Vishesh Bhriguvanshi
4) Amritpal Singh
5) Amjyot Singh